Thursday 30 October 2014

Occasions for Creations

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things but their inward significance." - Aristotle

His thoughts on what defines a truly delicious cake were indeed profound!


It is Sunday morning: by day and by meaning. The sun dapples my face. There are few days I love more than when there is work to be done. My thoughts wrest from their slumber amongst a sea of ideas well-afloat. I wade through them and attempt a start. Eager they are, but they must be patient. We will be well-catered for, I know, but final outcomes seldom reveal themselves until already upon us. We spend much of our lives focusing on beginnings and endings, yet the majority is made up of 'middle'; a cloud between the horizons.















Today I am hosting the creations of the talented Love Cake: wholesome, hearty, with love. It is easy to arrange such values in a shoot when the subject already abounds them. I prepare options for what she may bring; await her arrival. Whites, woods, weaves? Options are easy, choices are not. I was once told that decisions with the best outcomes are those made without thinking. The water glistens and ripples:be guided by the tide. The best endings choose themselves. I hope you agree.




No comments:

Post a Comment